Mobile apps have revolutionized our lives in the entertainment sector, starting from music, videos, movies, games, and whatnot. Our world revolves around our smartphones these days, and mainly apps in the phones, otherwise what's the use! Are you too a movie fan? Are you also seeking the best video player apps to hone your streaming experience? Well, then you've got to the right address!
Gone are those days when videos were available only in 3GP and MP4. These days, several new formats have evolved to watch ultra-high definition videos & films on your iPhone & iPad in a fascinating way. Though the iPhone comes with its built-in video player, providing basic functions with confined video formats or some stability issues, it supports features like optimized subtitles, which is somewhat frustrating when you've spent a few bucks.
So just as other entertainment apps or beauty apps, there is a broad range of 3rd-party video player apps on the Apple App Store. These apps have a handful of standout features, and you can enjoy an offline video experience too.
This article has compiled a list of the top 7 video player apps by app developers in 2021 from mobile application development company to improve your overall streaming experience.
The 7 Best Video Player Apps For iOS
Several options are available for Android users than iPhone users, with 100s of video player apps available on Play Store. In the case of iOS, this list is narrowed down to the top 7. This list of top 7 comes after a thorough review.
1. MCPlayer HD Pro
MCPlayer HD Pro wireless video player is a seamless HD Pro UPnP best media player for iOS users that allows you to watch your fav music videos, films, and video files straight from your home network. These are the supported video formats: M4V, MOV, VOB, FLV, GP, MKV, AVI, 3GP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, MP4, TS, MPG/MPEG.
- A highly advanced video player app with Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound
- Create & run your personal 'Watch Later List'
- A vast range of Subtitles is supported
- One of the top media players for iOS
- Easily play, watch, & manage your favorite list of video files
- A broad range of audio formats is backed-up including legitimately licensed Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound
2. Infuse 6: By Firecore
Infuse 6 is the top video player for iPhone, which allows you to play just everything. The ideal app to watch your favorite videos in any, including MP4, MKV, WMV, and AVI. Infuse 6 has robust streaming options for iPhone that provides groovy playback options in Dolby Vision and 4K w/HDR.
- 8 video zoom options
- Gesture controls
- Various audio tracks
- Constant playback
- TV-out via HDMI or VGA adapter
3. PlayerXtreme Media Player
This video player app allows you to play and browse all your films, shows, music saved on your local devices. It's a good video player for iOS devices that supports all file formats & empowers you to enjoy streaming over UPNP, SMB, & WiFI. You can even set a password in your library to confine unverified access and protect your files.
- Impetuous video posters based UI
- Easy navigation to arrange your movie collection
- Gesture controls
- Download videos from networked devices
- Play files from your email attachments
- Supports HD playback for all formats
- It comes with hidden folders that are invisible to guest users
4. VLC For iOS
VlC for iOS is a famous video player app that lets you play a broad range of different movie files on your device. This one is a totally free & open-source media player that can play all your favorite video content like shows & films in most formats without conversion. You can even synchronize media to your device using WiFi Upload.
- It can play all media file formats
- Less intricate, simpler, user-friendly
- Open-source & free-to-use
- Watch your favorite video content from Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud Drive, and OneDrive
- It supports subtitles & comes with playback speed control
KMPlayer is the top best video player for iOS that can be played in UHD, HD, 4K & even 8K format. It includes all famous HD file formats such as OGM, WMV, DVD, VCD, 3GP, etc. It is fully equipped with great features like speed control, video zoom, quick button, playlist setting, and subtitle setting. Highly trendy media player app with search & play your fav video with playback speed control.
- Zoom in & move the video you are watching
- Perfect color adjustment: contrast, hue, change brightness, saturation, and gamma info
- Repeat after section designation
- HD video playback: 4K, 8K, UHD, and full HD playback
- Speed control: function up to .25 - 4 times
6. It's Playing
This is another app if you seek the best video player app for iOS that offers you high-performance playback. It's Playing would be ideal for 1080p power-packed with direct subtitle search & download.
- Multi-language audio tracks
- High-performance playback, up to 1080p
- Photo contrast, brightness, and saturation adjustments
- Background playback & earbud control
- One-click access with background installing & cloud hosting
Amongst all the top video player apps for iPhone, Airplayer offers streaming HD video, music, photo wirelessly from DLNA/UPnP media servers to your Apple devices. This is the top offline video player for the iPhone that supports plenty of different formats. You can transfer your videos from your computer to your mobile with sharing. It is simple to run, and you can playback many other formats easily. It does not need any video conversion.
- Supports Airplay features
- Supports search function
- Supports image thumbnails
- Supports image browsers
- Supported music formats: WMA, AAC, MP3, OGG, etc
The Bottom Line
Here is the list of the top video player apps for feature-rich iOS devices, unlike your iPhone's default video player app with confined functions. Enjoy your offline video streaming experience with the leading video player app for iOS.