Today it is unthinkable not to develop a tool that has a version for mobile devices. Although there is an option that can solve the need to have a tool for desktop and another for mobile device: web applications.
For all these reasons, it is highly advantageous to use framework for the development of web applications. It is essential to choose the right tool for each project. One of the most commonly used frameworks for web app development is Codeigniter.
CodeIgniter has been around since 2006. CodeIgniter was the most viewed PHP project on GitHub and is still very popular. Even if there are newer and currently more trendy frameworks like Laravel, CodeIgniter is still very popular due to many benefits that it offers.
- It is relatively simple and hardly any configuration: The framework only has a short training period and very little or no configuration requirement. The well-thought-out routing also works without great upstream configurations.
- It is lightweight and fast: CodeIgniter is kept relatively narrow. This has an effect on the speed, which makes it very fast and narrow.
- It allows customization: CodeIgniter implements the MVC architecture style, but in a freer interpretation. It makes relatively few restrictive specifications and leaves the developer with his creative freedom. It gives the developer the opportunity to develop their own style.
- Reliable and well-documented: Working with CodeIgniter is relatively free of frustration. The online and code documentation is good. Security-related bug fixes come quickly and the developer community is still relatively large.
CodeIgniter doesn't just have advantages. It cannot keep up with the high-quality code of Zend Framework, and offers fewer functions than a full feature framework. It is less up-to-date compared to Laravel.
CodeIgniter is an ideal solution when no extensive libraries are required, the number of developers is small and the page speed is important.
CodeIgniter is intended for people who have a command of the PHP programming language. The Controller-View-Model is a programming style in which the application is divided into 3 layers:
- Model: is where the data is processed and obtained. It connects with the database.
- View: presents the data on the screen. It is where the HTML code goes.
- Controller: controls the data. It obtains data from a model, processes it, and passes it to the view.
Hire CodeIgniter Developers In The UK
The advantages of using a framework like CodeIgniter for our applications and web developments are well known among professional programming experts and are increasingly in demand by our clients.
CodeIgniter is one of the most comfortable and powerful PHP frameworks. It has an enormous capacity to simplify complex functions and procedures of PHP, offering simple solutions to necessary changes in the code. With CodeIgniter, the whole process of hosting migration is significantly simplified, reducing problems between servers.
However, many of our clients have the peculiarity of needing tailor-made websites, with special functionalities, where customization at the code level is essential. To do this, the advantages of using CodeIgniter for our web applications allow us to systematically expand new developments and applications, without the need to generate gigantic changes to the page.
This translates into a more straightforward configuration and a clean code, positively impacting the user experience and all those visits or clients that access the web.
With the latest Google algorithm changes, a page's loading speed is becoming one of the essential factors in SEO positioning. In this way, having an updated site and under the latest programming standards is an advantage over the online sector competition.
If you still have doubts about the benefits of using CodeIgniter for web applications. You can reach out to us at Hyperlink InfoSystem. All our work is done to ensure the creation of original and innovative applications that can give concrete advantages to your business. In short, we offer experience and expertise gained in the field of web application development, putting it at the service of your projects, following you from the opening stage up to the post-development assistance. Our passion at Hyperlink InfoSystem leads us day after day to continually update ourselves on the "tools of the trade" to explore new horizons.
A momentum that allows us to provide each customer with a cutting-edge service in web and mobile app development. In this way, we can provide every business with the technology it deserves.
CodeIgniter is a set of tools that allows us to develop web applications quickly. Much faster than if we did it from scratch. The goal is to focus on your project and minimize the amount of code you have to write to develop it. This is just one of the features that makes CodeIgniter so interesting. Some others are as follows:
- Friendly URLs. CodeIgniter generates friendly web addresses, that are humanly understandable, clean, and that, in addition, are more friendly for the search engines.
- CodeIgniter has the necessary tools to perform the most common operations that any web application needs to do. From accessing the database, sending an email, validating the data that is entered, managing sessions, editing images, uploading and downloading files, FTP service, data encryption, paging, error log, calendar, compression and much more.
- In addition to the libraries it comes with by default, CodeIgniter can be easily expanded with your own libraries, tools or through your own classes.
- CodeIgniter comes with its own template parser, which can be used in case you need it. However, its use is not mandatory unlike other frameworks. This fact is important since it is necessary to learn the language used for templates and this affects the application performance.
- The CodeIgniter code is very clean and well documented, which makes it easy to extend this framework easily, according to our needs.